I am Mrs B and I have a few philosophies about life:
- You are what you do and never who you believe you are.
- There is no such thing as Insurance.
- There is no difference between winning and losing.
Here are only a few of my opinions …
In the great debate between Religion and Secularism the only thing that should be banned is proselytizing by anyone, and if in doubt see #1 above.
If a tree falls on your RV and you did not hear it or a wee earthquake shakes your home and you did not feel it, see # 2 above.
If you ever require a lawyer, see # 3 above.
… and here are some things I have done in my lifetime:
- I had the wisdom to marry someone I have never understood but who is morally straight as an arrow, always on time, always phones, always is polite, always solves the problem at hand, has a really really high IQ, and believes that I am smarter than him.
- I gave birth to two children without any anesthetic.
- At 31 years of age I went down into the basement and, with zero previous experience, built a coffee table and two end tables that are still in use in our 43-year-old daughter’s living room. Unrelated to this, but a fact nevertheless, is that a lot of the stuff we acquired over the years is packed floor to ceiling, wall-to-wall, in our son’s two-car garage. We don’t seem to need any of it.
- My idea of recreation is reading about diatoms on the Internet.
- I conquered my distaste, dislike, horror, and resistance to technology by buying a Kindle and then fell in love with it to the point where I acquired a second one just in case the first one got run over by a truck. Now I lust for a third one so we can boondock longer.
- The older I get – the older I get. Objecting got me nowhere so I substituted with a nap every afternoon.
- It took me only seven months to learn how to inject insulin in five seconds that started out at 45 minutes of whining and crying. This, I believe, is the second greatest accomplishment of my life after raising our two children to what they are today – which is about perfect.